feeling, almost summer

Friday, May 24, 2013


I am always looking for that image, quote, string of words, that takes my breath away. This Picture of a Hollywood Swimming Pool, 1964 by David Hockney does just that. Found via mnzIt's simply dreamy. 





Then there's this. Please watch and sink into the s l o w life. Think hot summer and cool clay. These Extrusion Bowls by Apparatu are stunning, but the process, that's where it's at for me. 


I love the simplicity of this summerhouse annex in Norway. Found in Thisispaper Magazine.  There is so much goodness there. 
+++
We are headed to Mexico tomorrow for a long weekend. Looking forward to relaxing. Hope you have a lovely holiday.

5 comments:

  1. hope you have a great trip to mexico this weekend! and i'm loving the beauty in thisispaper magazine-thank you for introducing me to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Mexico!

    I loved the Apparatu video. Creating in a pottery studio is something I enjoy. It's true--it's all about the process. I never know if what I make is going to survive the next step, so it teaches me to appreciate the journey and not focus on the end product. Challenging, but liberating. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, I remember seeing on your blog that you took a class. I just looked back and saw the piece you posted, it's beautiful. I took a classes probably 15 years ago and loved it, but have not touched it since. It's something that I would love to try one day again. I imagine it is very challenging, and you're right, so much of it is out of your hands that you better just enjoy the process :) xx

      Delete
  3. love Hockney. my art teacher at school was obsessed with him so it feels like i grew up on his art! xxx

    ReplyDelete