15/52

Sunday, April 14, 2013


"a portrait of my children's artwork, once a week, every week, in 2013."

As I type in 15/52 this week, late sunday afternoon which is becoming the norm, I'm wondering how I'm going to keep this project up all year long. What I'm finding is that since starting Kindergarten, life's really changed. Our midweek leisure time evaporated. Schedule took over, homework filled free moments, and similar to what happens to me when I get busy, creating usually gets sacrificed. 
Since Olivia is home with me many days of the week, there's a bit more time for her creative endeavors. On top of the busyness, Sienna and D were gone camping all weekend, so I documented one of her older works this week.

+++

s: This is my favorite painting that Sienna has done. She painted this a few years ago when she was four. It hangs in our dining room. She has always loved painting and gravitates towards big canvases. When entertaining, people always comment on the piece, amazed that she painted it, and as with most abstract art, always offer opinions on what it is. Care to take a guess? 

o: Little o and I painted a few times this week. She prefers paper, making smaller detailed moves and watching the brush swish around. She's a delight in the studio. 

sienna's piece: a moose in a river. 

5 comments:

  1. Love these paintings. What paint do you have the kids use for their canvas paintings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We use a variety of paints, but for canvases generally acrylics. The quality of the color is so much better than washable kid paint. And it feels special. Most of the work they do everyday at the dining rom table is with watercolors, because the clean up is so easy and the look still feels rich. Even for my work, I use a lot of student quality acrylics and house paint, nothing that fancy. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the help:-).
      For mother's day I'm asking that the kiddos paint a canvas for me.
      I think this would be the greatest gift ever!

      Delete
  2. Where do you buy your paints? Love the color!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy most of my paints at Dick Blick. I have a local one, but they sell online. I use a lot of their Blick Studio Acrylics and Golden Acrylics.

      Delete