12/52

Sunday, March 24, 2013



"a portrait of my children's artwork, once a week, every week, in 2013."

s. this is one of my favorite pieces sienna has painted. it's gone through many iterations, having been primarily bubble gum pink, but she finally feels happy with this. inscribed in pencil she wrote, dad, olivia, mom, sienna. this painting will hang in our house forever.

o. a cat, sitting. olivia's perched right the age where abstract scribbles become real life drawings. beautiful to see, but watching them grow up is always a bit bittersweet for me.

+++

52 project link love: This week I fell for the photo of little Sylas coloring in a box. The light, angle, and every little scribble is perfection.  

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Sienna's painting! Definitely a keeper-I could stare at it for hours. She is budding into quite the artist. The first thing that caught my eye though is the sign that says Lukas! How did you ever find that? I rarely ever see anything spelled the way we spell Lukas' name. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! That box contains my very old oil pastels. I've had it since childhood. I never thought of it, but yes really cool.

      Delete
  2. I love the painting! So clever and such a great idea to inspire creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my. love, love, love! so inspirational. getting out the boxes of paints and things. You have a new follower! have a wee crush on your blog. Can't wait to go through your posts and pages! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome! I have a strong urge to buy a large canvas for my boys. Maybe soon. You have inspired...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that is such a beautiful painting! i adore kids art, it's what we try to get back to as adults, its beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete